Copyright 2016. Bradley Mountain Soaps, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Bradley Mountain Goat Nannies are the volunteer team that helps us to manage, train, and socialize the herd. Goat Nanny sessions are broken into two components - one part focused on herd management, and one part focused on training and socialization. Attendance at sessions are by email invitation only, and you need to sign up in advance. Depending on what the herd needs, we may be:
- Performing general health treatments such as administering shots, dispensing vitamins, de-worming, and even taking temperatures
- Snuggling with the babies or nurturing the moms
- Giving goats a manicure, or combing their hair
- Taking goats out on leads and teaching them how to be less sensitive to common suburban sounds - cars, dogs, motorcycles
- Learning about common plants that are edible and feeding them to the herd
- Clipping, cutting, and washing to make the herd beautiful
- Performing general beauty treatments such as trimming hooves, shaving fur, bathing, and even braiding beards
- Spending separate time with the bucks and wethers at the farm so they stay social and sweet
- Pulling a goat cart and preparing for a parade march
- Hiking in the woods and utilizing goats to carry a backpack
- Herding goats out in the pasture
- Measuring, pinching, and prodding to make our herd healthy!
Is There A Minimum AGe To Be A Goat Nanny?
Bradley Mountain Farm Goat Nannies
How SHould I Prepare Before I Come?
Can I SIgn Up For Multiple Sessions?
Can I Bring A Guest With Me?
The goat nanny program is entirely volunteer and it should be fun and educational! However, we do have some common sense ground rules that we would like you to be aware of and follow to participate:
- You will always be accompanied by a Senior Goat Nanny or a member of the staff that is educated and versed in goat herd management and principles. Please follow their direction and keep the safety of others and the herd in mind when you take action.
- Always sanitize and wash your hands after petting or working with goats.
- Each goat nanny will need to sign a waiver when they register for a session to confirm that they understand a few things about working on farms and how we run. You will be working with healthy and strong livestock and there is a risk of injury. We will be taking and posting general pictures of the events on social media. You may be in the picture. We have live goat cameras on the property. Your image and your voice may be captured on our goat cams.
- Participation in the program is solely at the discretion of the owners and staff members of the farm. If you or your guests cannot take direction, act to endanger the goats or other animals at our farm, or harass other volunteers you will be asked to leave.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Program